For the last week or more I’ve been working on linotypes and monoprints – lots of disasters, ink up the wall, and a few okay prints as well. All good fun 🙂
the 10 music CDs I’d take with me would be:
- Billy Idol – Greatest hits
- Meat Loaf – Welcome to the neighbourhood
- Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band – Live 1975-85
- Vanessa Mae -The classical album
- Meat Loaf – Bat out of hell I and II
- Pet Shop Boys – Discography
- Queen – Greatest hits volume I & II
- Queen – Made in Heaven
- Def Leppard – Hysteria
- Crash Test Dummies – God shuffled his feet
If the music we love says something about us, then I suspect in my case the message is a little muddled!!
I had another relaxing weekend, working my way through more of my art course.
It was a weekend of experiments really – from using a garden stake to draw an Indian ink cartoon, to painting flowers using nothing but gladwrap, an old credit card or a paint roller!
This flower was done with only three colours of paint and a rubber paint roller. I’m quite pleased with the effect.
The black and white drawing was done with Indian Ink – we had to depict our week in cartoon form. It didn’t photograph very well, the writing says
As her week got busier, Cath began to feel lost in the chaos; limbs slowly detaching and her mind developing a calm but annoying stutter.
It’s a good thing a weekend of painting makes me whole again LOL.
Well, blogging has taken off in the creative community at Kiwiscraps, so someone suggested a challenge. I’m usually up for a challenge, so here’s my first try…
1. Name one productive thing you accomplished this past weekend.
I finished a painting I’ve been struggling with.
2. Name two things that you look forward to doing.
Starting a new art project.
Checking my pay slip (not sure why, it’s always the same).
3. Name three things that gross you out.
Leeches (more of a phobia – check the heart rate even thinking of it), blowflies, ancient vegies.
4. Name four things that you normally do on a daily basis.
Check my emails, sneak into Mum’s room to make sure she’s okay, feed the dog, cuddle my husband.
5. Name five things that you own that you think you could get rid of and not miss.
Sewing machine, overlocker, alcohol cupboard, ironing board, bread maker.