is feeling vaguely grumpy, out of sorts and mildly depressed. Yuk. I need to spend some time making something, anything…
Checklist: washing on line, birds fed, Mum fed, bed made, dishes put away, ironing done, dog and cats fed. Yep – all lights are green.
Art room here I come 🙂
Once a year I do a stock take of my paintings; checking what I have against my records, making sure they are where I think they are. Then ensuring that details listed on websites are correct. Increasing my prices by 10% once a year, every year (thanks Robert Genn). This year some of my prices got out of alignment, and now is my chance to fix that. Some will go up, some will come down.
It will take me a few days to complete. And then once the boring stuff is out of the way, it’ll be back to play time in my studio. Yahoo!!!
Even though I would rather be wrist deep in paint and pastel, I know that if I do not look after the business side of my art, no one else can do it for me. It’s like ironing or cleaning the bathroom, it just goes with the territory.
I did a scrapbook page of my wishes and goals for 2008, so it is time I also documented my art goals.
My art goals for 2008 –
1) Load new work regularly on my own website and Etsy.
2) Promote myself by being active on the web.
3) Continue to build my relationship with the one gallery that has my work.
4) Think hard about potential benefits before taking on auctions, cafes etc.
5) Paint when I feel tired, because NOT painting makes me tired. Try to remember this when I am tired!