Each year I have a word that guides me. Last year’s was MAP and it turned out to be exactly right, even down to the MAPs that guided us in Italy and Dubai. MAP had all sorts of connotations for me and was a useful word to refer back to. Many people who have a word for the year choose something quite exotic or ‘trendy’ – I’m sure you have seen examples. I would love this year’s word to be something exotic and terribly clever but it’s not. I have searched for another word, woken in the night thinking about it, but no matter what I do, only one word fits for 2011.
My word this year is — DETERMINED. I am determined to:
- get in plenty of art time
- use good quality canvas for all my works
- enter more art events than in 2010
- lose another 25 kilos
- get on my exercycle at least 5 times a week
- save money towards a trip to Dubai before Tony retires
- make sure Mum stays happy as she gets older
- ensure there is balance in my life
When I look at the list, what other word would guide me as well as DETERMINED? What are you DETERMINED to do this year?
Finlly, here is a painting I have been working on over the weekend, but I haven’t yet determined if it is finished. It’s the view down Patea River to the Tasman Sea from a friend’s farm.