1. To gain knowledge, comprehension, or mastery of through experience or study.
2. To fix in the mind or memory; memorize: learned the speech in a few hours.
My guiding word for 2012 is LEARN. Why? Because, like DETERMINED in 2011, I think it encapsulates what will drive me through the coming year. I am anticipating quite a lot of change for me this year, both personally and professionally, and I need to learn to:
- get up earlier in the morning
- study every week day to ensure I do 12 hours study a week
- get enough rest so I can achieve the study
- eat better
- wear makeup every day to protect my sensitive skin
- leave time-wasters and energy-sappers behind me
- plan my time very carefully
- watch the news then move away from tv straight away
- let other people do stuff to take some load off me
- use my diary every day, for everything
If I can learn to do even half of that regularly, 2012 will be a great year. Bring it on!