Each year I choose a word that centres me, a word I come back to time and again when I need reminding of my focus and of what’s important to me. This year my word was kindness and, in some ways, my word for 2015 is aligned to that. In 2015 I will be concentrating on CALM. It may not seem the most obvious word, but I’ve put a lot of thought into it and think it will help align my actions with my intention to achieve with kindness.
When I am CALM:
- I respond rather than react
- I hear people out and think before speaking
- I consider the consequences of my actions
- I balance the urgent with the important
- I get a lot done through being prepared and not rushing
- I take life’s ups and down in my stride
- I ensure I have art time to keep me balanced
- I make time for Tony and I so we stay happy
I will make something for my new office that says CALM so I can glance up at it and refocus when needed. With a new job, a husband who is not always well, a busy life outside of work with national committees and working groups, and a paper to publish each month, CALM is going to be at my centre. How about you; will you have a guiding word for 2015?