As 2017 ends I can look back on a busy year with some unusual highs and lows even by our standards. Here are some of the things that stand out, from both sides of the ledger, in no particular order:
- Losing my voice due to medical misadventure
- Library conference, which was awesome
- Getting down to goal weight, then 10kg below that!
- Flying to Auckland for a shopping weekend with my sister, Ailsa
- Spending time in ICU due to medical misadventure
- Getting my voice back after about 7 months
- Tony didn’t need surgery this year – fantastic!
- Discovering I didn’t have a stroke but do have a spinal issue
- Faith got settled on new heart & Cushing’s medication and is doing well
I don’t have major goals for 2018, in many way it’s just more of the same, but perhaps a bit more refined. So, my aims are:
- Painting more
- Doing art/craft regularly
- Stay at goal weight while eating a little more normally
- Drinking 1200 mls a day, every day
- Walking 4,000 steps minimum, every day
- Connecting with people who feed my soul, through snail mail and Twitter
- Making sure I am a positive influence in the world
That’s it – nothing too dramatic and no rocket science. Just a happy, balanced, quiet life. I wish you all peace, joy and a magical 2018.