Every year I join #olw – One Little Word with Ali Edwards. This year my word was ENOUGH. You can read about it here. As always happens, the word turned out to have more connections and meanings for me than I could have imagined. I ended up in counselling, getting to the heart of some issues, working towards a point where my heart – not just my head – knows I am enough. I’m a work in progress.
I’ve put quite a lot of time into choosing my One Little Word for 2019 and tested four out by writing down what they would mean to me. Aware and connection were pretty good but, in the end, DEEP was a clear winner. As we get into 2019 I know, from previous years, more connections will become clear, but for now DEEP resonates for me because:
- I want to understand myself at a deep level
- I am prepared to dig deep emotionally
- I seek friendships that connect at a deep level
- I aim for a deep understanding of key issues at work
- I aim for a deep understanding of national issues that are aligned with my interests
- I am prepared to dig deep to get fitter, even when it hurts
- I am willing to dig deep to reach my goals
Normally I make an index card piece of art and put it in my office at work This year I’ve gone for a square format and made two, one for at work, and one for my home office, to keep me even more focussed on my word and what it means to me.