I have a small pile of 12×12 scrapbooking cardstock in colours I don’t use anymore so I’m slowly using it up as the base for works where the initial colour won’t show. This one has layers of gelli print scraps, stencils, old rub-on letters, patches of colour with Gelatos etc. All good so far, but what next? I’ll leave it on my desk for a few days and see what happens. (only part of the 12×12 is shown)
This morning I did a mad dash through stuff I had to get done, then got out my Gelli Plate, Stencil Girl stencils plus a few random ones and some masks I had cut myself, and got to work making cards. I made more mess than cards, but can put more together tomorrow. I might even get a chance to do some letter writing. Life’s good when you have inky fingers time.
BTW the ink is not as patchy as it shows here; it’s something to do with the way my new all-in-one printer scans them. Honest!
We had our first art journal class this week and it was great fun; everyone was very enthused and made fantastic pages. We started with gesso, Distress Ink, Distress paint and Distress Stains, washi tape, collage and completed the layouts with our own handwriting about why we want to start journaling. We’re meeting once a month and I’ll be introducing new products and techniques each time so that everyone has an arsenal of tools in their arty toolkit.
I week or two back I watched a great video via the Gelli Arts Facebook page and loved it, but now can’t find it – sorry for the lack of credit. Anyway, it showed a really cool process for getting this torn look in your prints, giving you a space for wording. Great for making cards, so I started playing with it the other night. It’s a slower process, because each layer of paint needs to dry, but produces good results – it just meant I puddled with something else at the same time. Here are my first few tries.